✓ Learn at Your Convenience! Access our courses from anywhere, without disturbing your current schedule, at your convenient speed and time.
✓ Get Internationally Accredited Diploma Certificate after successful completion of the course and welcome numerous opportunities to advance your career.
✓ British Learning App for students on the GO! Pursue our courses from the app available on Android and IOS or from the website.
About this course
a) Why Study Child Psychology?
We love to see cheerful children. It’s pleasurable to see them grow. But many times children seem to be out of control and irritable, lacking behind in studies, etc and we as parents or teachers aren’t able to understand exactly what went wrong.
We may get confused whether it is a normal phase of growing or it’s a symptom of some psychological problem. A recent study shows that approximately around 14 % to 20 % of children from ages 0 to 18 have psychological issues. It is more common during puberty but the symptoms begin to notice at an early age.
Looking at this huge percentage of children, there is definitely a need to understand about various mental health issues related to children and getting them help on time.
b) The Course Includes:
- This course with British learning in Child Psychology will help you to understand physical, social, emotional and behavioural development throughout childhood.
- It Focuses on different stages of development along with theories and research
- In this extensive and detailed course, you will be able to identify a child with psychological issues at early stages and timely direct them to a Mental health professional to start the treatment immediately.
c) The cherry on the cake is that you will also be learning about Psychological first aid
d) The purpose of this course is to eliminate the stigma of mental health issues and make you aware about when exactly a child needs help.
Who should do this course?
a) This course is eligible for students who have completed their 10th/12th or graduation in any discipline.
b) Teachers, Parents or any enthusiastic person interested in psychology and the importance of it in children’s life.
Mode of Training
The course is available Online.
a) Internationally Accredited Diploma Certificate from British Learning
b) The certificate holds the same weightage as an in-class teachers training program.
c) British Learning’s certificate is in high demand in the amongst Pre-Schools/ Schools and Educational Institutions because of the Quality Standards approved by a Leading International Quality Certifying Company.
d) British Learning is affiliated with Leading International Companies/ Educational Institutions and ensures that students learn the Latest International curriculum in the Industry.
e) We request candidates for their respective shipping address and contact number after completion of the course. We will then courier them the Hardcopy of the British Learning Diploma Certificate, which is expected to reach the candidate within 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the location and the completion cycle of their course.
Existing teachers having an additional qualification in Psychology are much in demand because of their ability to correctly understand the student’s behaviour in the classroom. And take adequate steps in the benefit of the child.
A Parent having knowledge of psychology is always better equipped to handle common behavioural issues and be better in parenting.
If you are an enthusiastic learner, you will know about this topic in great detail and may also enhance your further interests with related topics.
We have a dedicated in-house placement cell. We regularly receive numerous requests for Job Vacancies from various preschools, daycare centres and educational institutions within India and abroad.
We extend 100% placement support to all our students who successfully complete their course within 6 months.
Diploma in Child Psychology Course is specifically designed for teachers,and to sensitize them and give them knowledge about special children.It does not in any way equip them to be doctors/Medical Practitioners or prescribe any medicines or equip them to treat children with special needs.
Introduction to Child Psychology
- Overview of the course
- Child Psychology – Definition and Theories
- Importance of Recognising Abnormal Behaviour
Theories of Child Psychology
- Theories with the Experiment / Research behind it
- Similarities and differences between theories
An overview of Cognitive Development
- Cognitive Development theories
- Piaget’s theory of Cognitive Development
- Information Processing Approach
Cognitive Development in the first year and Sensorimotor stage with Substages
- Adaptation and Equilibration / Equilibrium
- Sensorimotor stage and it’s substages.
Cognitive development in the Toddler and Preschool years
- The Preoperational stage and Cognitive abilities
- Toddlers, Pre-schoolers, and Memory
Cognitive development in the Middle years and Activities for testing as well as developing Intelligence.
- How thinking changes in Concrete Operational stage
- Intelligence and testing intelligence.
Cognitive development in Teenage years and Role of adults in developing Cognition at different stages.
- Cognitive development in Teenage years
- Explaining Cognitive changes from early to late
- Adolescence through Piaget fourth stage of Cognitive
- Role of adults in developing Cognition
Therapies for children and their benefits
- Therapies for children and their benefits
History, Scientific Study and Differences of Nature vs Nurture
- History of Nature vs Nurture debate
- Scientific ground for Nature and Nurture
Physical development from 0-19 years
- Physical development from 0 – 2 years
- Physical development from 3 – 6 years
- Physical development from 7 – 11 years
- Physical development from 12 – 19 years
Social development and Theories of Erikson, Banduras and Vygotsky
- Culture and Social development
Emotional Development, Theories and Regulating Emotions.
- Emotional development and theories
- Emotional development during School age
- Emotional development during Adolescence
- Regulating emotions
Intellectual development and Enhancing IQ in Early Childhood and Middle childhood
- Brain development and Intelligence
- Intellectual development in Early Childhood and
- enhancing IQ.
- Intellectual development in Middle Childhood and enhancing IQ.
Importance of Attachment and Relationship building And Study of Theories by Harry Harlow, Konrad Lorenz, and Mary Ainsworth.
- Attachment theories
- Importance of Child Early relationships
Impact of Separation or Loss of a Parent on Child development and Handling
- Impact of separation and loss
- Minimizing the impact
- Parents role
Language & Communication milestones from 0-5yrs
- Language milestones from 0 – 1 year
- Language milestones from 1 – 2 years
- Language milestones from 3 – 4 years
- Language milestones from 4 – 5 years
Methods of improving Self- esteem and Confidence.
- Understanding Self – esteem and Confidence
- Methods of improving Self-esteem and Confidence.
Effects & Diagnosis of Behavioural problems and Conduct disorders.
- Behavioural problems and Conduct disorders.
- Child abuse, Bullying and Depression.
Gender Differences and Concept of LGBTQ+
- Difference between Sex and Gender and concept of
- Gender identity and expression
History of Educational Psychology and Approaches to Learning Difficulties
- History of Educational psychology
- Approaches or perspectives of Educational philosophy.
- Approaches to learning difficulties
Health and Nutrition in Child Development
- What is Nutrition?
- Importance of Health and Nutrition supported by research.
Physical Development, Emotional and Behavioural development in adulthood
- Physical development
- Cognitive changes
- Emotional and Behavioural development
Meaning and Importance of Psychological First aid (PFA)
- Psychological first aid (PFA): Meaning and importance
- Need for PFA.
- Who can give PFA?
- Steps in PFA
How do you start your course?
A. Select your Course
B. If you are not sure which is the “Right Course” for you, call us on 9004090099 and our Trained Student Counsellors will guide you.
C. Complete your Payment Procedure.
D. Download the Android App from the Google Playstore.
E. You will be assigned a Login ID and Password.
F. You will be also assigned a dedicated Senior Teacher who will be available to solve your doubts over Phone, WhatsApp or a Zoom Call.
How does this Online Course exactly work?
- Login into our website using your Login ID and Password.
B. You will find access to all the training Material there.
C. Our Android App is also full of resources which you can access on the GO!
D. View the Videos of your Choice or refer to the exhaustive Training Material prepared by our Experts.
E. Attend Live Classes scheduled by your Senior Teachers.
F. And if you still have doubts, your Senior Teacher is always just a call away.
How do I complete my Certification?
- Once you are done with your Course, please inform your Senior Teacher.
B. She will schedule a Simple MCQ Test for you.
C. After completing your course, you can download a soft copy of your certificate from your account.
D. If you need the Original Certificate in a Hard copy format, no worries! We can courier it to your address at no added cost to you, anywhere in India. If you stay abroad, call us we will work that out for you.
And yes! Even though the education is Online, we are always there to assist you. Just Call 9004090099
British Learning – The most preferred choice of more than 1, 00,000 virtual students
British Learning has the soundest credentials in Teachers Trainings
- Education Company with over 21 Years of Experience.
- Virtually 1,00,000+ satisfied Students trained till date.
- Registered with the Companies House (England & Wales).
- Registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- ISO 9001:2005 Certified Company.
- Provides Globally Accredited Certificates.
- Offices in London and India for 24×7 Support to Students.
- Record of 100% Placement Assistance.