Here is how you spot hyperactivity in children
- Hyperactive kids have difficulty in listening to or following directions.
- They cannot sit back in their seats and move around a lot.
- They talk too much or interrupt other people’s conversations.
- Hyperactive kids fail to follow instructions or do a step-by-step routine.
- They are impulsive, over-enthusiastic and bouncing with energy.
- They can easily become worried, frustrated, angry and sad.
Here are some tricks and tips on how to handle a Hyperactive Child
- Channelizing energy
- Understand their feelings
- Talking in a simple manner
- Pair child with his / her friends
- Use a stress ball
- Minimize distractions
- Identify strengths and weakness
- Avoid fatigue
- Give second chances
- Encourage attention to detail
Games and activities for the kids to keep them motivated
- Karate / Martial arts
- Learning music
- Doing theatre to enhance creativity
- Brain tickling games